Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

gguvengg

Visuals are not refreshing on Streaming Dataset

Hi, i am trying to do a report on streaming datasets. 

What i do is i get the data from coinmarketcap through api, run it on powershell and push it to my report, it all work great. Data is there and live, no problem att all. But the visuals wont show the last version of the data, but shows the last refreshed version.

I either have to hit the refresh button or do a filtering refresh.  Everywhere i checked that said streaming datasets will update the visual on instant with the latest data. What should i do ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. The power bi report will show last refresh by default. It works like that. The native tiles for keeping data on going everytime are Dashboards. The best use of dashboards it's not only combining information of different reports but also that each tile will automatically change when data changes. The first alternative is for you to build Dashboard tiles that can help you keep up to date.

As an alternative, if you want your report connected to a streaming dataset to be up to date. You can open the format pane for the whole page of your report and configure an automatic page refresh. You can say: "refresh it every 5 seconds" for example, or keep it similar to the schedule of powershell script.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-automatic-page-refresh

That way you can make the report almost realtime.

I hope that heps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Pin the report visuals to a dashboard.

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. The power bi report will show last refresh by default. It works like that. The native tiles for keeping data on going everytime are Dashboards. The best use of dashboards it's not only combining information of different reports but also that each tile will automatically change when data changes. The first alternative is for you to build Dashboard tiles that can help you keep up to date.

As an alternative, if you want your report connected to a streaming dataset to be up to date. You can open the format pane for the whole page of your report and configure an automatic page refresh. You can say: "refresh it every 5 seconds" for example, or keep it similar to the schedule of powershell script.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-automatic-page-refresh

That way you can make the report almost realtime.

I hope that heps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors