Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

harrame
Frequent Visitor

Visuals Not Showing on PDF Export

Hi all, I'm trying to export a page in my Power BI report to PDF but two of the visuals are not showing. At the time of export, all the visuals are up-to-date and visible on the page so it's not a case of Power BI still refreshing a visual then giving up. However, when I export to PPT as "embed an image", the visuals in question do show up. When I export the entire report to PDF, these are still the only two visuals to not appear. These are two line charts using the native PBI plots, not any third party extensions. I have tried googling and clicking on every settings menu but I can't find the issue. Any thoughts?

Evidence of missing visuals - there should be two line charts:

harrame_0-1703083878208.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
harrame
Frequent Visitor

I discovered the issue was the map on the page, which I cut out of the screenshot above for privacy purposes. When I removed the map, all the other visuals were present on the page in the PDF export. I tried removing data from the map to make it as simple as possible and shrinking the map so it didn't touch the visuals that would disappear but neither tactic worked. So looks like the map visual causes some kinds of problems with exports. To be clear, this is the native Microsoft Bing map, not ESRI or Azure.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
harrame
Frequent Visitor

I discovered the issue was the map on the page, which I cut out of the screenshot above for privacy purposes. When I removed the map, all the other visuals were present on the page in the PDF export. I tried removing data from the map to make it as simple as possible and shrinking the map so it didn't touch the visuals that would disappear but neither tactic worked. So looks like the map visual causes some kinds of problems with exports. To be clear, this is the native Microsoft Bing map, not ESRI or Azure.
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Please check the considerations and limitations of the feature: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/end-user-pdf?tabs=powerbi-service#consi...

There are some visuals that won't show up. Let's make sure you don't have one of those.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hi! I'm having the same issue with the visuals that are in the same page as the map. I've checked for limitations for using the official Microsoft Power BI map, and there seems to be none, so there's no reason for the issue during the export to PDF.
Besides that, I've noticed that in another page from my dashboard, that have the same map, I'm able to export to PDF without the other visuals disapearing. How is it possible??
What should I do?

That page is very helpful. The only point that might be relevant from what I can tell is this one:

Export to PDF supports Unicode 6 and earlier. If for example, Unicode 7 is used, Power BI export displays that image as a blank box.

However, I don't know how to check the Unicode and it seems to only be relevant to images, not plots.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors