Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

emose19
Frequent Visitor

Visuals Not Rendering Correctly From PBI Dektop to Web to Powerpoint

Visuals Not Rendering Correctly From PBI Dektop to Web to Powerpoint

We have had numerous reports published to the Web enviornment for quiet some time, yet today when logged on the visuals are no longer in the preset places. When openign the master reports on Desktop they are fine. 

Also, when we try to export to Powerpoint from PBI Web then the legends are intertwined and overlaying with the visuals. 

Anyone know why this is happening? It was working fine Friday, maybe an update to the Web?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @TButler_Han checked the visual export this morning and it looks like the issue has been resolved! 

Thank you @v-shex-msft for your updates and help!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @emose19,

I can't reproduce your issue , export to powerpoint still work on my side.

Can you please provide more detail information about your scenario?

E.g. 

Datasource type, connection mode, visual type, snapshots, web browser...

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft

I am still able to export, but when exported, all visuals with legends displayed, the legends are laying on top of the graphs. The legend issue only occurs when exported to Powerpoint, it is displayed perfectly fine via PBI Web. 

PBI Web graphs: 

Capture2.PNG

Powerpoint graphs:
Capture.PNG

Hi @emose19,

Which web browser you test? Did this issue appears on particular report or all reports? If you change other web browser and clean its caching files, did them works?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft

Yes I have tried multiple reports and browsers - seems like a large number of people in the community are expereincing this issue. Following the thread below to see if there is any fix! I'll see if generating an entirely new report and re-publishing does anything and will follow up!

See here: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/PowerPoint-Export-Changes-Legend-Layout/idc-p/391341#M24082

Hi @emose19,

Power bi team said they will fix this issue at next Tuesday or Thursday.

The fix will hit PROD on next week Tuesday or Thursday. 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

I'd like to report that I am encountering the same issue with several of my reports.  I've tried exporting to PowerPoint both in IE and Chrome and getting the legend down the left side and over the data.  This has been happening for several days now.

Hi @TButler_Han checked the visual export this morning and it looks like the issue has been resolved! 

Thank you @v-shex-msft for your updates and help!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors