Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sjelting
Frequent Visitor

Using User Locale (TimeZone) while refreshing via gateway

Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sjelting ,

Time Zone Differences:
Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service handle time zones differently.
In Power BI Desktop, the time zone is influenced by your local system settings, which is why you see the date in your locale timezone (3pm +01).
However, in Power BI Service, the time zone is always UTC. This means that regardless of where the data center hosting your Power BI tenant is located, the service will use UTC for all calculations and time-related functions.

Although Power BI Desktop adapts to the local time zone, the Power BI service always uses UTC To ensure accurate results, adjust your calculations accordingly.

Below is the link will help you:

Solved: timezone corrections on power BI service not the s... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please be more specific.  Refresh scheduling can be expressed in "local"  timezones.  But behind the scenes everything is always UTC.

Or do you mean something different?

I have a date in my database (2pm, UTC), which when i view it in PowerBI Desktop gets shown in my locale timezone (3pm +01), but if i publish it and refresh it via gateway, it is shown in PowerBI Service as 2pm, UTC.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors