Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

aspiegel
Frequent Visitor

Users Occassionally Receive Error "That bookmark isn't available" shortly after a report updates

I have been publishing pretty frequent updates to a live report in the Power BI Service. Some users are encountering an error "That bookmark isn't available We couldn't load that bookmark, so we'll return you to the report's default view." This error seems to correlate with the report updates. Refreshing the webpage seems to resolve the problem though if they click on the link again (without closing their browser) the error may pop up again.

image.png

At first, I thought it may be due to users copying the report URL directly from their browser rather than generating a sharable URL. However, I now suspect that this error is related to caching, which could explain why users who access the report more frequently are encountering it more often than those who check the report less frequently. However, I'm hoping to identify a more definitive cause for this issue so that we can implement a more permanent solution. It is a sporatic issue and challenging to troubleshoot.

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Bookmarks capture the state of the meta data at the point in time when they are created.  If you change the meta data later (for example by renaming a column that was used in the bookmark)  then bookmarks will fail and need to be recreated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors