Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Oskar
Frequent Visitor

User - sortable list make custom sorting based on priortizing rows up and down?

I need help to figure out how to solve this.

I have built a nice looking report for keeping track of a all the Projects that are currently active, have been active etc in a company.

But one thing i can not figure out is how give the users of the report the ability to prioritize the projects that are active.

They want a list of all the current project and set a custom order to this list based on what project need most attention atm and also set a specific priortizing status to the row like "need more resources", "stuck waiting for customer" or "will be done within a week"...

But i can not figure out how to make a list so that the user can move rows up and down.

I have tried to build a powerapp and embed that. But powerapps do not have a real solution to making something like this, sure it works but it is quite slow and the embedding does not work very well imo. So i would really like to find a second option.

2 REPLIES 2
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Oskar ,

How would you like to set the custom order? Is this priority status ("need more resources", "stuck waiting for customer" or "will be done within a week") to be set in the report? How to set it? What are the rules? Or are these priority states already set in advance? Also when you mentioned that users can move rows up and down, do you mean that users can drag and drop rows up and down inside visual?

Please refer to the following link to see if it helps you.

https://www.proggio.com/blog/using-jira-for-project-management/

If it is possible, please provide a pbix file without privacy information and desired output.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply.

I want the user to be able to drag and drop or move an item up and down somehow in the list.

The order should be saved for the next user.

Those at the top of the list are highest prio on.

Those at the button is lowest.

So a drag and drop list would be perfect if that is even possible.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors