Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

qhpowerbi
Helper III
Helper III

Use File in Teams folder on Power BI

Hi all,

I have a file located on Teams folder. How can i use the file and set schedule update for the data. 

I'm trying to use Sharepoint folder get data function, but its only syccesful with url like <companyname.sharepoints.com>/sites/<folders name> instead of <companyname.sharepoints.com>/teams/<folders name>

thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

It works for both, but you are missing a critical component.  It's not 

<companyname.sharepoints.com>/sites/<folders name> or <companyname.sharepoints.com>/teams/<folders name>

It is 

<companyname.sharepoints.com>/sites/site name/<folders name> or  <companyname.sharepoints.com>/teams/team ID/<folders name>

The base URL for the Sharepoint Folder connector MUST contain the site name or team ID.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

It works for both, but you are missing a critical component.  It's not 

<companyname.sharepoints.com>/sites/<folders name> or <companyname.sharepoints.com>/teams/<folders name>

It is 

<companyname.sharepoints.com>/sites/site name/<folders name> or  <companyname.sharepoints.com>/teams/team ID/<folders name>

The base URL for the Sharepoint Folder connector MUST contain the site name or team ID.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors