Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jamesholland198
Frequent Visitor

Usage Metrics Not Working

Hi,

My Usage Metrics report hasn't updated since 31st May.  The only way I can view the dataset settings is to go into the settings of another dataset to get into the Settings page, and then I can see the Usage Metrics one listed.

It says I need to re-enter the OAuth credentials, which I have done numerous times, but it never kicks off a new refresh.

I was going to delete the dataset in order to try to generate a new one but as I can't see the dataset in the usual Datasets section I don't have an option to delete it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

powerbiusageerror.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nitishsh91
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @jamesholland198 

I faced similar issue few days back, here are the steps that I did to fix this issue:

Get the dataset id which you can get from the web page from where you have got the above screenshot

Go to below link and use try it to delete the dataset by using the dataset id that you got above:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/datasets/delete-dataset-in-group 

Generate the dataset again which should work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
nitishsh91
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @jamesholland198 

I faced similar issue few days back, here are the steps that I did to fix this issue:

Get the dataset id which you can get from the web page from where you have got the above screenshot

Go to below link and use try it to delete the dataset by using the dataset id that you got above:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/datasets/delete-dataset-in-group 

Generate the dataset again which should work.

Brilliant, this has sorted it, thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors