Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TinaAlong
Frequent Visitor

Urgent RLS Issue

A viewer on a workspace who has a RLS on a report in power Bi couldn't access the report; how do I fix that because I don't want the viewer to edit the report; hence, I don't want her to be a member.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TinaAlong 

1.Did you use the dynamic RLS, if you have used the Dynamic RLS, please check that the usermail is right.

2.If the user has a Power BI license associated with it, they can't see the report even though they exist in the workspace.

3.Before apply it to the dataset, please try to test it first in the desktop before publishing, or test it on the service to make sure it can work well.

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TinaAlong 

1.Did you use the dynamic RLS, if you have used the Dynamic RLS, please check that the usermail is right.

2.If the user has a Power BI license associated with it, they can't see the report even though they exist in the workspace.

3.Before apply it to the dataset, please try to test it first in the desktop before publishing, or test it on the service to make sure it can work well.

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors