Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

amarquiss
Frequent Visitor

Updating a dataset in workspace from desktop and it loses the gateway connection

I update dashboard recently, it was brought to my attention it was not updating acuratley on normal scheudle.  When I went in it appears the gateway had error database connection deleted. The schedule said it ran successfully but not at scheduled 6am instead it was running at midnight. I cant recreate the error when I push changes in now. 

I looked at a couple of other dashboards that I built a while back and just pushed in new changes in the last few weeks and some of them had same error but were updating just fine. 

Do you know what would cause this to happen? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @amarquiss ,

Is there a lot of Schedule refreshes in a certain time period, which leads to queuing and will not be refreshed at the first time.

To make an analogy:

When many people are flushing the report at the same time, the model used to refresh the report will be loaded. Once there are a lot of models in the memory, the memory will be full, which will cause the subsequent refresh operation to fail to load and enter the queued state, , so that the report will be slow to load.

Please set schedule refresh for different datasets at different times, and make sure that you are using the latest version of gateway.Please make sure that you don't schedule more than max parallel refreshes for the different nodes in these capacities.

This is the related document, you can view this content:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-premium-what-is#how-capacities-function

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @amarquiss ,

Is there a lot of Schedule refreshes in a certain time period, which leads to queuing and will not be refreshed at the first time.

To make an analogy:

When many people are flushing the report at the same time, the model used to refresh the report will be loaded. Once there are a lot of models in the memory, the memory will be full, which will cause the subsequent refresh operation to fail to load and enter the queued state, , so that the report will be slow to load.

Please set schedule refresh for different datasets at different times, and make sure that you are using the latest version of gateway.Please make sure that you don't schedule more than max parallel refreshes for the different nodes in these capacities.

This is the related document, you can view this content:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-premium-what-is#how-capacities-function

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors