Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MiquelPBI
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to pin table from a report to a dashboard

Hello!

I have a matrix on a report page.  The Pin option under the header icons is turned on (Image 1).  After publishing the report to a workspace the pin icon does not appear (Image 2).  A matrix in the PBIX file on a different page has the pin icon shows as expected (Image 3).  The visuals are in a thin report created in Power BI desktop April 2023.  The workspace I published to is a premium workspace and I'm an admin on the workspace.   

Why does the pin icon show on a visual on one page but not another page for the same visual type?  What do I need to do to make sure the pin icon shows?  

Image 1:

MiquelPBI_5-1684271373784.png

Image 2:

MiquelPBI_4-1684271360373.png

Image 3:

MiquelPBI_3-1684271329021.png

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MiquelPBI
Helper I
Helper I

MS Support directed me to https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-sparklines-tables#considerations-...

Matrix does not support pinning to dashboards when sparklines are present in the visual.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MiquelPBI
Helper I
Helper I

MS Support directed me to https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-sparklines-tables#considerations-...

Matrix does not support pinning to dashboards when sparklines are present in the visual.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @MiquelPBI 

Can you edit the report in the Power BI Service, then click on the table and go into the properties and see if the Head Icons is enabled?

Alternatively when you edit the report in the Power BI Service it will then show you the pin?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

@GilbertQ Thank you for the reply.   I see the Pin option enabled on the service.  The Pin icon does not appear after editing the report in the service.  

Hi @MiquelPBI 

I would suggest to check the header icon options on the report in the Power BI Service?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors