Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sperry
Resolver I
Resolver I

Unable to export to PowerPoint or PDF from a SharePoint web part

We use SharePoint as the window to all our files/folder/data etc and we don't want to use the app.powerbi service site. As such we utilise the PowerBI webpart. I have toggled the Show action bar to 'On', however, nothing happens if the Export>PowerPoint or Export>PDF is selected. BUT it does export to excel.

sperry_1-1692240585675.png

I am sure this functionality used to work. Is there a control in the report settings/powerbi service settings that I am missing? I have trawled though tennant setting and ensured this is enabled but couldn't see anything else that would mean it doesn't work for SP Webpart

sperry_0-1692240529404.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
joedirik123

I seem to be running into the same issue. My assumption is that it is something on the Sharepoint side as I am still able to export reports from the Power BI web service just fine. 

View solution in original post

I submitted this to the PBI Support and they just got back to me and confirmed it's a bug.   They hope to have it fixed by the end of this month.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
sperry
Resolver I
Resolver I

Excellent - yep works for me too

MCY
Frequent Visitor

I had the same issue since few weeks, but today the bug disapears. Functionnality works as well. 

vinood2000
Regular Visitor

I too have the same issue now. please resolve ASAP and confirm.

rajeshr142
Regular Visitor

We too have the same issue and raised a support ticket. Awaiting a positive response at the earliest

henrywivklf

This just started happening for us as well.  It worked at least as recently as the end of July.

I submitted this to the PBI Support and they just got back to me and confirmed it's a bug.   They hope to have it fixed by the end of this month.

joedirik123

I seem to be running into the same issue. My assumption is that it is something on the Sharepoint side as I am still able to export reports from the Power BI web service just fine. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors