Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Amit221
Regular Visitor

Unable to create multiple tables with streaming Dataset

Hello, I am working on an IoT project and want to show sensors real time data on Power BI dashboard. I am unable to do this because In streaming Dataset Power BI does not create multiple tables against multiple sensors rather that it sums the data of all sensors in a single table. Therefore, request you all to please give an idea to resolve this issue.

Any set of solution would be welcomed.

Regards,

Amit Singh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Amit221,

>> I am unable to do this because In streaming Dataset Power BI does not create multiple tables against multiple sensors rather that it sums the data of all sensors in a single table.

Yes, one streaming dataset api is match with one table, current it not allow you do custom on streaming dataset records.

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you to create multiple streaming api to handling different sensors data, you only need to push your data to different api.

Other way is add columns store different sensors data and push them at same time.(for eg. fields: timestamps, sensor 1, sensor 2,...) Then use timestamps with different sensor fields to create different visuals.

Regards,

XIaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Amit221,

>> I am unable to do this because In streaming Dataset Power BI does not create multiple tables against multiple sensors rather that it sums the data of all sensors in a single table.

Yes, one streaming dataset api is match with one table, current it not allow you do custom on streaming dataset records.

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you to create multiple streaming api to handling different sensors data, you only need to push your data to different api.

Other way is add columns store different sensors data and push them at same time.(for eg. fields: timestamps, sensor 1, sensor 2,...) Then use timestamps with different sensor fields to create different visuals.

Regards,

XIaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft: Thanks for your support.. I have created multiple Dataset as of now and its working fine. However, i did't get your second point would you please brief that process.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors