Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to connect to OData when data flow

I'm trying to connect to OData.

Annotation 2020-03-25 15292334.png

However, I can't authenticate using either Anonymous, Basic, or Organization. Anonymous and Basic give me error A and Organization gives me error B:

Error A:

Annotation 2020-03-25 153420.png

Error B

Annotation 2020-03-25 153457.png

In scheduled refresh, I can normally connect to the URL Odata using WindowsWithoutImpersonation. But it looks like that's not even an option in the data flow. I can also connect to this url just fine in Desktop.

Annotation 2020-03-25 153108.png

Does anyone have any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
PBI-BOLA
Frequent Visitor

UPDATE

02/Nov/2020

Figured out that the Dataflow function in the service doesn't appear to support "ODATAV4" sources. After amending my link to "ODATA" it worked as expected.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Was there a solution to this? I'm getting a similar issue

PBI-BOLA_1-1604313288872.png

This is a connection to a NAV database. example of the link used is:

http://<Server>:<WebServicePort>/ODataV4/

I have also tried a direct connection to a specific company so

http://<Server>:<WebServicePort>/ODataV4/Company('CRONUS%20International%20Ltd.')/

No luck. 

@v-lid-msft your solution isn't what I'm looking for as the odata link is published online, shouldn't there be no need for a gateway? 

I can connect to the odata connection through PBI Desktop and published reports are able to refresh online without a gateway.

Thanks

v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?Could you please provide more details about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test, if we want to use windows authentication with the odata in dataflow, we need to select an On-Premises data gateway for it. Have you tried  use Organiszation authentication or basic authentication to connect same OData in the Power BI Destop?

4.jpg

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors