Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

noahfox
Regular Visitor

Unable to Sync Changes

This morning our workspaces are completely unable to communicate with our Git repo in DevOps.

First, I got this error message. For awhile, I was getting infite pop-ups and the screen looked like this:

noahfox_0-1713018519639.png

Now, I'm getting this error:

noahfox_1-1713018618370.png

I tried disconnecting the workspace from the git repo and reconnecting because this usually solves the many transient issues we have with git integration. This time I can't even reconnect the workspace to git:

noahfox_2-1713018708312.png

4 REPLIES 4
noahfox
Regular Visitor

Again, everything worked for about 20 minutes, and am back to the 'Unable to sync changes' message. 

Hi @noahfox ,

Firstly I think you need to ensure there are no unresolved conflicts within your workspace or between your workspace and the Git repository. Conflicts can prevent syncing and cause errors. Maybe this document can help you: Resolve conflicts with Git integration - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

vyilongmsft_1-1713160796283.png

If the issue started after recent changes were made, consider using the Undo command to revert conflicted items in the workspace to their last synced state. I think this document may help you: Manage a workspace with Git. - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry, that isn't helpful at all. There was NO indication of conflicts or changes to undo because the source control did not work. Everytime I clicked on Source Control, I would either get 'Unable To Sync Changes' or 'Something went wrong' pop-ups with no information.

Now, one of our workspaces doesn't even recognize that there are changes in the repo. I tried disconnecting the workspace from the repo and that doesn't even work.

noahfox
Regular Visitor

So far, I've had an hour and a half of complete loss of functionality of source control in the Power BI service. It resolved itself for about 10 minutes, and now I'm back to this:

noahfox_0-1713020265090.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors