cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unicorn_Tech
Helper IV
Helper IV

Too much white space on tile

I have way too much white space around this pinned tile on a dashboard, which is a page of a report.  How can this be fixed?

Pinning it live as a tile would allow the user to open the matrix rows, which is what i want also. So the most important thing is to be able to reseize the white space on the size.  For some reason, when I try this, it just reduces the text size, to keep the white space.

dashboard blurred.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Unicorn_Tech ,

Did you pin the whole page to the dashboard? The tile is a snapshot of your data, pinned to the dashboard. So the shape of the tile won't change even if you change the original report. In this point, only recreating a new tile can change the chart or table visual in the tile.

So the matrix table shrinks in this tile in equal proportion to the size of the tile.

If the page size does not match the requirements of your matrix, you can set the page size by formatting (click on the blank section of the page and go to Format -> Page Size -> Custom).I mean keep the size of matrix table and reseize page.

vchenwuzmsft_0-1643006246315.png

Then re-pin.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Unicorn_Tech ,

Did you pin the whole page to the dashboard? The tile is a snapshot of your data, pinned to the dashboard. So the shape of the tile won't change even if you change the original report. In this point, only recreating a new tile can change the chart or table visual in the tile.

So the matrix table shrinks in this tile in equal proportion to the size of the tile.

If the page size does not match the requirements of your matrix, you can set the page size by formatting (click on the blank section of the page and go to Format -> Page Size -> Custom).I mean keep the size of matrix table and reseize page.

vchenwuzmsft_0-1643006246315.png

Then re-pin.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May 23 2022 episode 5 with aka link.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Welcome to the Power BI Community Show! Jeroen ter Heerdt will talk about the importance of Data Modeling.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors