Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GianlucaM
Helper II
Helper II

Thousands separator issue when refresh

I've created my powerbi desktop model and I've published it without problem. I've also connected the same using a gateway in order to schedule refresh, but here comes the issue. When I publish the model, it works,but when I have the same refreshed automatically comes the issue. No error into completing the process but the data are wrong as it gets somehow broken the thousands and decimal separator that, when I publish the model, were ok.

Last time i've got this issue I was loading currency exchange (RMB to EUR) which is 7.66 (written as 7,66 according to the Italian std): when I publish (push the update) I can see it correctly at 7.66 but when I get the report refreshed as for schedule, it gets broken and goes to 76000.00, and this way any calculation gets broken.

this is not the first time I've got this issue, but this is becoming annoying and much important, force me not to share and use my report

10 REPLIES 10
GianlucaM
Helper II
Helper II

Well, the power query code is easy to be shared and the outcome of the same (the column rate) is actually the problem.
As said, it shows the right formatting on the desktop version, gets broken when the powerbi service run the scheduled refresh. 

I've downloaded the file from the powerbiAPP and it gives me this wierd situation: the power query keep the right format but when I look at the same query in the Table view this format gets lost and spread this error to the model

GianlucaM_0-1707212240857.png

"Customer Sales Distr"  is of type "any".  Don't do that.  You are also missing the locale.

how can another field which is not the issue, affect the outcome of rate?
The issue isn't on that field.
What do you mean by "missing the locale"? please be more specific

Table.TransformColumnTypes - PowerQuery M | Microsoft Learn

I mean the optional culture parameter.

Yes i'm working in Itatly so the standard are "," for decimal and "." for thousand.
Anyway my jobs are done in English as we are a multinational company so the outcome is the contrary "," for thousands and "." for decimal

You have three different stages. Source, storage, and display. You need to control the stage transitions. During ETL you specify the source culture. During rendering you can allow Power BI to decide the output format based on report viewer culture or you can force a desired fixed format.

That's clear thanks.

the issue (as described since the beginning) is that I choose the english standard, it works on powerbi desktop but it gets broken once published

If you have a Pro license you can open a Pro ticket at https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/newsupportticket/powerbi
Otherwise you can raise an issue at https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues .

Yes i've raised a ticket in the meantime

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Difficult to advise without seeing your Power Query code. Are you specifying the input locale?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors