cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cvillegas
Advocate III
Advocate III

This operation requires a newer version of the On-premise data gateway. August 2019 GTWY

Receive the message: This operation requires a newer version of the On-premise data gateway. Please update and sign in to the latest version. when trying to create dataflows with Text/CSVs on-premise. We're on the latest version of the gateway so it makes little to no sense. Each of the other data sources appear to work fine.O7Sdw87iPZ.png

7 REPLIES 7
svcPowerUpdate

We are encountering the same issue on the newest November 2019 release as well.  Anyone find anything out yet?  We have never had much luck using Microsoft support for Power BI, so was hoping to get an answer from the forums.

Hi there

can you make sure you have got the latest version installed?

image.png

Here is the full download link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53127

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Yes, I definitely have the newest version (3000.14.39) installed, but I still get the error.

That is weird, you did not by some chance use some new feature in Power Query?

Power BI Blog

cvillegas
Advocate III
Advocate III

I just encountered the same thing with the Nov 2019 release. Does anyone have any idea why this may happen? I'm about to check the logs, but this seems strange. JSON files work, but CSVs don't.

GilbertQ
Super User II
Super User II

Hi there

I would suggest looking to see if you need an updated version of Power BI Desktop, as you certainly have the latest Gateway version

Power BI Blog

I am using the latest version of the desktop as well and not using the desktop to create the dataflow. PBIDesktop_3IV0gj6FdE.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Top Solution Authors