Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cvillegas
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

This operation requires a newer version of the On-premise data gateway. August 2019 GTWY

Receive the message: This operation requires a newer version of the On-premise data gateway. Please update and sign in to the latest version. when trying to create dataflows with Text/CSVs on-premise. We're on the latest version of the gateway so it makes little to no sense. Each of the other data sources appear to work fine.O7Sdw87iPZ.png

7 REPLIES 7
svcPowerUpdate

We are encountering the same issue on the newest November 2019 release as well.  Anyone find anything out yet?  We have never had much luck using Microsoft support for Power BI, so was hoping to get an answer from the forums.

Hi there

can you make sure you have got the latest version installed?

image.png

Here is the full download link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53127

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Yes, I definitely have the newest version (3000.14.39) installed, but I still get the error.

That is weird, you did not by some chance use some new feature in Power Query?

Power BI Blog

cvillegas
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I just encountered the same thing with the Nov 2019 release. Does anyone have any idea why this may happen? I'm about to check the logs, but this seems strange. JSON files work, but CSVs don't.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I would suggest looking to see if you need an updated version of Power BI Desktop, as you certainly have the latest Gateway version

Power BI Blog

I am using the latest version of the desktop as well and not using the desktop to create the dataflow. PBIDesktop_3IV0gj6FdE.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors