Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

sebastianriemer
Advocate I
Advocate I

The selected connection has a data gateway that is different than the project's gateway ...

"The selected connection has a data gateway that is different than the project's gateway. Committing will apply to all queries in this mashup."

1. I created a new Dataflow Gen2.
  2. I chose "Oracle" as connector
  3. I enter the Server name

-> I get the warning from above.

What does this warning mean?

In my "Manage connections and gateways" I have

1. my On-premises data gateway setup, with status "online" 
  2. a connection of type "Oracle" and a gateway cluster name matching my gateway, with status "online"
  3. a connection of type "Oracle" and a gateway cluster name "(Personal mode)", whose name is matching the server name of the oracle database, with status "Offline" -> I am sure, that I did not create this connection myself, and this connection is being created when setting up the dataflow.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yaningy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @sebastianriemer 

Given the details you've provided, it appears you have two Oracle connections under your "Manage connections and gateways" - one with an "online" status and another in "Personal mode" with an "offline" status. The warning might be triggered because the system is attempting to use the "Personal mode" gateway, which is not active or correctly configured for this project. Here's a concise action plan to address this issue:

1. Ensure that the on-premises data gateway (not in personal mode) you intend to use for this project is correctly configured and associated with your Oracle connection. This gateway should be in an "online" status. 

2. In the Dataflow Gen2 setup, carefully select the Oracle connection that is linked to the correct, online gateway. Ensure that the gateway cluster name matches the one you intend to use for the project.

3. Or you can check your gateway name case based on the information provided by the last respondent in the link below

Upload data using existing On-premise existing Pow... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

I tried again, this time in my "Manage connections" I have ensured there is only a single oracle connection.

When connecting to the source via "Get data", I first enter the "Server" field, which leads to automagically choosing the sole oracle connection. I cannot choose the existing connection in any other way then by entering the field "Server". Is this normal?

And what about "Not all connections could be loaded because there are too many connections. Please delete some connections." Is this really normal? I got like 9 connections in total, what is the difficulty in loading them?

Can you elaborate on your statement "In the Dataflow Gen2 setup, carefully select the Oracle connection ..."? How would I do that, other than I described above?

See my connections:

sebastianriemer_0-1716362277363.png

See my assistant window:

sebastianriemer_1-1716362329380.png

I enter the field "Server" which results in:

sebastianriemer_2-1716362408062.png

I ignore the warning, and click on "Next", which results in a connection list with a new connection created:

sebastianriemer_3-1716362531698.png

What is the reasoning behind this? Didn't I provide the existing connection just in the dialog window before? Why is the only way to "select" the existing connection by entering the Server-Address? I thought the idea behind configuring the connection was, to do this once, so I later don't need to bother about any details related to the connection?

Before I "Publish" the Dataflow Gen2, I want to share the content of the pop-up "Manage connections"

sebastianriemer_0-1716363278045.png

I interpret the warning sign, as that something is not quite right here, so I edit the connection as to this:

sebastianriemer_1-1716363397625.png

In regard to the connection to the Oracle database, I don't see any need to change anything, as well as I feel I would not be able to change anything meaningful.

Some more info, I target a "Lakehouse", and keep the "Staging" disabled.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors