Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

JumanahA
Regular Visitor

Testing The RLS as a role show data not same as what is shown for some users

Hello,

I created a report with filters for: (category / sub-category / Region / month)

I applied a RLS that filters the data based on (category / sub-category / Region)

The report should show the data for all months for all the roles 

I puplished it to an App.

When I tested the role in the service, it showed me the expected data for all the months (Jan to May)

But, one user complained that he can see the data only from (Jan to Mar)! when he filter for Apr or May no data appears, but when I test the role there is a data!

I tried to delet his role and re-created it, but did not work.

Can anyone suggest a solution for this please.

Thank you for your support,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JumanahA
Regular Visitor

I finally solved the issue.

I'm managing the filteration of the report by the sclisers & the filter view must be hidden.

after I checked the filtration applied to the user table, it is filtered for Jan to Mar.

it seems that one time when I updated the App, I forgot to hide th filter view. So, the user edited it by using this view. Then, I did another update and remove this viwe.

as a summary, I solved the issue by showing the Filter View to the App. Then, Eid the filters for the user as required. Finally, remove the filter viwe and update the app.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JumanahA
Regular Visitor

I finally solved the issue.

I'm managing the filteration of the report by the sclisers & the filter view must be hidden.

after I checked the filtration applied to the user table, it is filtered for Jan to Mar.

it seems that one time when I updated the App, I forgot to hide th filter view. So, the user edited it by using this view. Then, I did another update and remove this viwe.

as a summary, I solved the issue by showing the Filter View to the App. Then, Eid the filters for the user as required. Finally, remove the filter viwe and update the app.

v-tianyich-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JumanahA ,

Thanks to @GilbertQ  for the thoughts.I also see you mentioned App, where did you test it? If it's the App, please update the App and try again.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Scott Chang

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, I did. 
I removed the role, applied it again & updated the app but did not work.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @JumanahA 

Can you double check that the user account that is being to use logged in is the same one that you've set up using row level security?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thank you for your reply!

I will double check.

But I did not apply any RLS based on the months. So, if he can access the dashboard that's mean he suppose to see all the months!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors