Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mstone3
Helper III
Helper III

Temporary Disable a Report Link

Hello, I have a published PowerBI report that includes text boxes where I write a narrative summaries of the data on the page.  After refreshing the data each month, I would likely to temporarily disable report access while I write the new summaries so that no one sees the old text from the previous month before I have updated it.  Is there any option to disable/enable a report link?

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'm sorry but that can't be done automatically. You should go one by one the users or security group and remove the access. Modify the text and add them back again.

I would say the best alternative would be creating a smart narrative that can adjust month to month. Otherwise you should be prepared early in order to change it before the month start or the first day.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mstone3
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you for this suggestion - much appreciated!

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'm sorry but that can't be done automatically. You should go one by one the users or security group and remove the access. Modify the text and add them back again.

I would say the best alternative would be creating a smart narrative that can adjust month to month. Otherwise you should be prepared early in order to change it before the month start or the first day.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors