Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Zoltán_PBI
Frequent Visitor

Tagetik over API Gateway: Credentials provided for OData source are invalid error occurs occasionaly

Hi Everyone,

We are experiencing an unusual behavior when refreshing report with REST API calls via API Gateway on PBI Service:

During hourly refreshes, refresh works fine most of the time, but we are having this recurrent error from time to time. So, the odd thing is that we run multiple refreshes per day and the issue only appears only 1-3 times per day. Most of the refreshes are successful.

When I try to connect and trigger API calls from Power BI desktop, I never experienced the same issue.

Source system is called Tagetik which is a finance consolidation tool (https://www.wolterskluwer.com/en/solutions/cch-tagetik). We just moved from simple username/passworkd based authentication to API Gateway. Before that we hadn't faced this issue.

What we did so far:

• Validated credentials and set security level to Organizational.
  • Left “Skip test connection” option unchecked as it caused errors before when we ticked this option.
  • Cleared cache on desktop and re-published the report.

Zoltn_PBI_0-1707217968005.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiewu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Zoltán_PBI ,

If I understand correctly, the issue is that you encountered the error when refreshing report on Power BI service. Please try the following methods and check if they can solve your problem:

1.Ensure that the on-premises data gateway is up to date.

2.Check if any potential network issues that could be causing temporary disconnections problems.

3.Review the dataset refresh settings in the service to ensure that they are configured correctly.

Solved: Credentials provided for the OData source are inva... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,

Wisdom Wu

Hi @v-jiewu-msft, Thanks for your reply.

I've checked your remarks:

1) We don't use neither on-premise nor virtual gateways.

2) We have contacted both Microsoft and the Source App to investigate possible outrage, but for now they could not find any.

3) All data sources are tested and working fine both on desktop and service:

Zoltn_PBI_0-1707464473390.png

Important: This error happens only sporadically, I've also uploaded other copies of the same report and they are refreshing fine most of the time, except when they throw error seemingly independently from each other. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors