Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

InspectahJV
Frequent Visitor

Sudden problems with printing dashboards

Hello,

Since a few weeks I have not been able to properly print dashboards from Power BI. I have tried different browsers and settings, but have been unsuccessful. For some reason the same dashboard that I could print just fine a few weeks back, ends up in the top right corner, and about 75% of the dashboard does not show. Tried using full screen mode and then printing - then suddenly the first 30% of the report looks fine - but the other is missing. Do you know what I can do? Did Microsoft change something?

8 REPLIES 8
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @InspectahJV 

It seems that someone has submitted a similar question in the issue  .

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Bug-Power-BI-Dashboard-Print-to-PDF-is-blank/idi-p/1126544

If it is ,please keep in mind the status of this issue.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Thank you @v-easonf-msft  - appreciate you checking this for me. I actually got it to work decently - when going into fullscreen and scrolling down to the end of the dashboard and then choosing print - then it actually worked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just letting you know I still can't get my dashboards to print anywhere decently. It's very frustrating and embarrassing to report to our clients that this is the best presentation that Microsoft can do for us.

Yes - this is still highly unpredictable for me. Sometimes it works ok, but most of the time it looks bad. Tried all kinds of variations. Does Microsoft have any plans on fixing this? This has been going on for quite some time.

Hi ,  @InspectahJV 

This issue has been listed .

The engineer is still discussing, and I will keep an eye on it.

Best Regards,

Hi, Any news on this? Still not working well. Would be great if reports/dashboards in Power BI could be printed and saved as pdf in high quality. At least in my organization it is not an option to have all the users have their own power bi account so that they can view dashboards

This is now working well. Thank you Microsoft!

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @InspectahJV 

There are browser settings you can use to adjust the printout, but even then you still may not get the result you want. Consider exporting to PDF first and printing the PDF instead.

You may check if the following posts help.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Printing-Dashboard/m-p/839600

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-print#print-a-dashboard

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors