Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Axiomite
Resolver II
Resolver II

Subsidiary Company with different domain in same Power Bi service

Hi there,

I have two clients, however, the one is a shareholder and wants to be able to intergrate the 2 reports in his Power BI service.
Below pictures of what I currently have and what i would like to achieve:

Axiomite_0-1665984916593.png

From power bi destkop i upload the report created from data on sql server 123.xxx.xxx. 
Once uploaded I click on the data set settings.
It prompts me to install the GW howerver I already have on installed on sql server 123.xxx.xxx.
I try and change the credentials and try to log into GW with admin@domain123.com user name and password (currently on the admin@domain122.com Power Bi Service ). 

Nothing happes when clicking on sign in, its just keeps on spinning. 

Axiomite_1-1665984916597.png

Currently I still have to figure out how to integrate two reports but for now  win would be if the Share holder client could view the report in same domain rather than having to jump between two Power Bi services.

Does it make sense? 

Kind Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Axiomite ,

Please correct me if I misunderstand.

This doesn't seem feasible, do your two domains belong to the same tenant? Have you ever tried creating a report in Domain A and then sharing it to Domain B?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Axiomite ,

Please correct me if I misunderstand.

This doesn't seem feasible, do your two domains belong to the same tenant? Have you ever tried creating a report in Domain A and then sharing it to Domain B?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft ,
Thanks for your reply, and it answers my question. No they belong to different tenants. Yes, so for the interim I'v created Guest/EXT for the Domain B user on Domain A and shared Domain A report with the Domain B user, this works. For the integration part I'll rely on other solution with less limitations. 
Kind regards, N

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors