Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AJ135
Frequent Visitor

Subscriptions disappared after app update

Hello,

here are my stepes to reproduce issue:

1. Create a subscription on report

2. Publish report again without any change

3. Subscription still visible on power bi service

4. Update App

5. New Subscription disappeared!

What is happening? Does anyone have the same issues?

Actually I have ~100 users and soon will be more, this is not an acceptable situation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @AJ135 ,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and An the fix is being deployed with no clear ETA at this time.  I will update here if there is any progress, please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @AJ135 ,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and An the fix is being deployed with no clear ETA at this time.  I will update here if there is any progress, please be patient.

Best regards.

Hey All

Lastest info: The fix identified is stable and will be fixed in your Power BI service environment (North Central US data center) before 10th Feb.  🙂 

macboy
Advocate I
Advocate I

Based on the information provided by Microsoft as a result of our support ticket, they have developed a fix for the issue of subscriptions being deleted after a report has been updated, but are unable to provide a date for deployment of that fix. Therefore, it will remain an issue for the moment.

EMaguire
Frequent Visitor

In case it is any help with getting Microsoft to prioritise fixing this issue - I can confirm that it is affecting subscriptions in Apps in my organisation too. The subscriptions disappear when a report is republished, and I'm not aware of this being a problem previously.

Ed

edavilac
Frequent Visitor

I am having the exact same issue, I think this feature is great but is not working like I would expect it to.

I need to update the App 3x week, since I need to add some text and notes to the report (additionally to refreshing the dataset).

If I don't update the app, subscriptions remain (eventhough I republish the report).

Issue is when republishing and updating the app.

Additionally, when I create and save the subscription, it does not show in the notifications page:

edavilac_0-1706210198155.png

Hopefullly this will get fixed soon 🙏

laurenm
Frequent Visitor

Same issue for me, it started just a couple of weeks ago. I've found that you can set them from the workspace without them disappearing but the problem is that it then links whomever you're sending it to to that location, and most of my colleagues don't have access other than the app so it's less than useful.

Mo_
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue. My App subscriptions disappear, however, they only do so after I made changes to the report (for testing I just inserted a blue box visual on a report page which wasn't there before). If I refresh the App without having made any changes to the report previously, the subsciptions stay.

Is this intended bevaviour? I get that a subscription might disappear if I change the name of a page. But does it need to be removed every time I make the tiniest change? I need to make adjustments to my report on a regular basis. It would be super tedious, to manage subscriptions every time I need to make a change.

Cheers

AJ135
Frequent Visitor

Hi All,

info from Microsoft:

"I was able to reproduce the above behavior in internal environment and working internally to get more details on it. Below are some of the observation:

- The subscriptions are created on the App version of the report and if there is a republish activity on the report in workspace with or without any changes and the App is updated, then the subscriptions related to the republished report are missing. Other subscription are not impacted.

- If we update the app without any republish of report, then the subscriptions are not impacted.

- If the report is republished but app is not updated, then the subscription are not impacted.

- If the subscriptions are created on the report in workspace, then the subscription are not impacted unless the report page name is changed."

Mo_
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the update! I'm curious if/when they will have it fixed.

macboy
Advocate I
Advocate I

This issue is impacting my team too, started early last week (mid-Feb 2024) for a number of subscriptions. Since that time we've also had issues with reports not being sent out as per the schedule. We've raised a support ticket with Microsoft.

AJ135
Frequent Visitor

Thx for the info @macboy Same on my side - the ticket was raised for Microsoft. Hope it will be fixed soon.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AJ135 ,

I would like to confirm some details with you.
In your Power BI Service settings, click General>Notifications.
Check if your subscriptions still exist here and make sure their status is on.

vxiaoyanmsft_1-1705653985431.png

Best regards.

Im checking on "Notifications" before and after app update, and is disappeared after app update.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors