Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Streaming Data

How canI build complete report using calculations, with streaming data in pbi.

2 REPLIES 2
jaweher899
Super User
Super User

To build a complete report with calculations using streaming data in Power BI, you can follow these steps:

1. Connect to your streaming data source in Power BI by selecting the "Get Data" option in the Home tab and then selecting "Streaming."

2. Once you have connected to your streaming data source, you can create a real-time dashboard or report by selecting "Live Report" or "Live Dashboard" in the "Streaming" section of the "Visualizations" pane.

3. Add your desired visuals to your report, such as charts, tables, or maps. You can then add calculations to these visuals by selecting them and clicking on the "Fields" pane. From here, you can create new measures using DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) formulas.

4. To make sure your calculations are up-to-date with your streaming data, you can set up a refresh schedule for your report. To do this, go to the "Settings" menu and select "Options." From here, you can set a refresh interval for your report, so that it updates with your streaming data on a regular basis.

5. Finally, you can publish your report to the Power BI service so that you can share it with others. To do this, select "Publish" in the "Home" tab, and then select the workspace and report you want to publish.

By following these steps, you can build a complete report with calculations using streaming data in Power BI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am unable to  find Streaming data option in getdata in PBI desk top.  I have selected streaming data in Power Bi service. But in service I am unable to do calculations. Kindly help me to find out solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors