Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

haynes007
Regular Visitor

Steps Automatically Added

Hi! I am running into a very annoying issue in app.powerbi / Power BI Service. I copy over my steps from desktop into Power BI service but then it adds in steps that it thinks are errors. They also reappear after removing them. How can I get this to stop?? I appreciate any help or links that may be helpful!

2 REPLIES 2
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. There are some steps that power bi will try to add automatically like "Change Type" to help the user controlling data. You can just remove them as the LAST thing you do before saving or close & apply.
I think you can copy the whole table to avoid this. Like the video at that minute:
https://youtu.be/YWp4FKzIBxM?t=291

Hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Thanks for the quick reply! I have removed the steps right before I close and save. But as soon as I open it again, it adds the steps I just removed. I've tried to look in settings and options but have no idea how to turn it off. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors