Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SvenW
Advocate I
Advocate I

Stacked column order being reversed after publishing to PBI Service

Hi all, 

I am having issues with PowerBI service changing the ordering of my stacked column charts. In Power BI desktop I have turned on the setting 'Reverse order' for the column chart. However, after publishing this setting seems to be turned off. 

When trying to edit this in the PowerBI service workspace, the setting for reversed order is shown as "on", however the chart does not have the columns in the reversed order. Flipping the switch off and on also does not seem to do the trick. 

Does anyone experience a similar issue? Or would anyone know how to fix this? 

Kind regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SvenW
Advocate I
Advocate I

Things looked fixed on my end as well. I had a call with Microsoft support who were not able to reproduce this bug themselves. Then they noted that I was using a different PBI service version. I guess they must have updated it over the weekend. 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
SvenW
Advocate I
Advocate I

Things looked fixed on my end as well. I had a call with Microsoft support who were not able to reproduce this bug themselves. Then they noted that I was using a different PBI service version. I guess they must have updated it over the weekend. 

lorishamarch
Regular Visitor

Things look fixed on my end today. 🙂

v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @SvenW 

The order of your columns in the stacked column chart inherits from the order in the original table. To address this, consider sorting the legend column (e.g., “Change Reason”) in the original table. Once you’ve done that, the order will be applied in the visual. Here are the steps:

1. Create a proper order column if you don’t have one.
  2. Change the sort order by selecting “Sort by column.”
  3. Your chart should now reflect the desired order.

Change how a chart is sorted in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Same issue, the reverse order toggle is not doing anything on the web service.

The Reverse Order button doesn't work on the web service.  So if I have the reverse order selected to on in my desktop report, it does not reflect as on in the published report.  Selecting on in the web service does not change the report.

Hi, 

we know how sorting works.

The issue is that the 'Reverse order' switch in 'Columns' settings does not work in Power BI Service:

michalp8_0-1702550820388.png

i also have this issue. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having the same issue... 😑

lorishamarch
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue

chrislau
Frequent Visitor

I've noticed the exact same thing is happening for my report.

The Reverser Order toggle works fine on desktop mode, but when deployed to the online service it doesn't hold, and toggling it via the web edit mode has no effect. 

It was working for me last week, so maybe it's related to a recent update?

michalp8

I have the same issue

Hello,

The issue is fixed for me.

Service version: 13.0.22254.54
Martine2607
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have the same issue. And when I try to correct it on Power BI service it is not possible (the switch on Power BI service shows that it should be reversed, and also when I switch it off and on a gain it does not work)

liotims
Frequent Visitor

Hello, 

I've got the same issue here with line and stacked column chart.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors