Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

MindDriver83

Split PBIX sheets(Tabs) into individual reports ( After publishing into PowerBI Cloud Services)

Hello everyone,

I have a PowerBI .pbix file that consists of 20 individual sheets(Tabs). Every Sheet(tab) in .pbix file represents an individual Report.

What I want to do ?
I would like to separate these sheets(Tabs) and have them as individual reports so that I can later publish them onto the PowerBI Cloud service in form of an APP.

Why I want to do this?
I need to do this to build a better App and be able to split and categorize Reports(Tabs) under specific Sub-categories.

Is this possible? If so, how can I achieve this?

Appreciate your support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @MindDriver83 

Your PBIX file (with 20 reports) is a common dataset. You want to distribute it as 20 separate datasets when uploading the service, which is currently not possible. Only one PBIX file can be made separately for each report. 

Unfortunately, Power BI is now unable to achieve what you need. You can submit an idea for it at   https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/   and wait for users with the same needs as you to vote for you to help make it happen as soon as possible.

For reference:

Announcing Public Preview of Multiple Audiences for Power BI Apps | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Micros...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @MindDriver83 

Your PBIX file (with 20 reports) is a common dataset. You want to distribute it as 20 separate datasets when uploading the service, which is currently not possible. Only one PBIX file can be made separately for each report. 

Unfortunately, Power BI is now unable to achieve what you need. You can submit an idea for it at   https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/   and wait for users with the same needs as you to vote for you to help make it happen as soon as possible.

For reference:

Announcing Public Preview of Multiple Audiences for Power BI Apps | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Micros...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors