Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hyperchef1969
Helper V
Helper V

Specific page filters not showing in workspace but only in underlying report

Hi,

I have a report with two specific filters. In Power BI desktop they are visible. In Power BI service they are not showing up in our workspace app. When you go to the underlying report in Power BI service and click on it, they are visible again. Why do they not show up in our workspace app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Hyperchef1969 ,

You can republish the report and check if the problem is solved. Then try clearing your browser cache and cookies. if it does not work, you can check if it's due to a bookmark, I recommend you to read the following link to troubleshoot the issue.

Solved: Filters on app do not show the same in the report - Microsoft Fabric Community

There is also a possibility that you made changes but did not update the app to cause the problem, you can try to Update app in the workspace:

1.Select Update app in workspace.

vyifanwmsft_0-1704853857106.png

2.Select Content and Update app.

vyifanwmsft_1-1704853857108.png

vyifanwmsft_2-1704853888401.png

If the above steps do not work, you can describe the steps you did, screenshots of the errors you encountered, these will help me find the problem faster.

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hyperchef1969 ,

Based on the information you provided, you can check your operation in Desktop. If you select this button in Desktop, you will not be able to see the filter in service.

vyifanwmsft_0-1704447147266.png

In service

vyifanwmsft_3-1704447307349.png

In App

vyifanwmsft_2-1704447185478.png

Just in case I misunderstood your question, by filter not showing up do you mean that you can see the filter page in desktop but not in service, or is the filter set in desktop not working in the app?

If it does not help, could you please check what you did in desktop before this problem occurred. This will give us more information to troubleshoot.

Best Regards,

Yifan Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, problem is not the filter eye, this is set on normal view. When I open the report in service by clicking the report in the section where I can see all the reports in the workspace and the semantic models, the filters are all visible. When I go to the workspace app, the new build filters are not visible. So the question is what is causing this? Thanks in advance

Hi v-yifanw-msft, can you have a look at my comments please and provide some insights / help? Thanks in advance

Hi @Hyperchef1969 ,

You can republish the report and check if the problem is solved. Then try clearing your browser cache and cookies. if it does not work, you can check if it's due to a bookmark, I recommend you to read the following link to troubleshoot the issue.

Solved: Filters on app do not show the same in the report - Microsoft Fabric Community

There is also a possibility that you made changes but did not update the app to cause the problem, you can try to Update app in the workspace:

1.Select Update app in workspace.

vyifanwmsft_0-1704853857106.png

2.Select Content and Update app.

vyifanwmsft_1-1704853857108.png

vyifanwmsft_2-1704853888401.png

If the above steps do not work, you can describe the steps you did, screenshots of the errors you encountered, these will help me find the problem faster.

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors