Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Eddy18

Slicer configuration: dependence on viewer

Hi all,

consider the following situation: I have published a Report on Power BI Service with several Slicers. When I choose a specific configuration of these slicers, close the report and reopen it, the configuration of the slicers remains the same. In my understanying, this cannot be the case if we have 2 viewers: the specific configuration of the slicers should not influence the configuration of another person who accesses the Dashboard at the same time, right? 

And is there a possibility to automatically 'reset' all slicers to some default configuration whenever the dashboard is opened (without using bookmarks and the need to press a button to manually reset the slicer configuration)?

Thanks a lot in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jpessoa8
Super User
Super User

Hi @Eddy18 ,

Every time a user opens a report in the PowerBI Service, it will show either the default configuration of slicers (set when the report was last time edited) or the configuration of a previous selection of that user, like a "cache" of that selection.

The user can always see if they have a "cache" selection if the green back arrow on the top right corner of the page is green:

jpessoa8_0-1700826730583.png

The users can also define a personal bookmark only for them in the PowerBI Service (which will not impact anyone else's access)

jpessoa8_1-1700826861357.png

Hope this answer solves your problem!
If you need any additional help please @ me in your reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, please consider marking it as a solution ✔️ or giving it a kudo 👍
Thanks!

You can also check out my LinkedIn!

Best regards,
Jorge Pessoa

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jpessoa8
Super User
Super User

Hi @Eddy18 ,

Every time a user opens a report in the PowerBI Service, it will show either the default configuration of slicers (set when the report was last time edited) or the configuration of a previous selection of that user, like a "cache" of that selection.

The user can always see if they have a "cache" selection if the green back arrow on the top right corner of the page is green:

jpessoa8_0-1700826730583.png

The users can also define a personal bookmark only for them in the PowerBI Service (which will not impact anyone else's access)

jpessoa8_1-1700826861357.png

Hope this answer solves your problem!
If you need any additional help please @ me in your reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, please consider marking it as a solution ✔️ or giving it a kudo 👍
Thanks!

You can also check out my LinkedIn!

Best regards,
Jorge Pessoa

Nice, thanks for the fast reply!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors