Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

pfcinquemani
Regular Visitor

Shere in a private way from Power bi pro to Microsoft Fabric Free users.

Hi, you all!!!

I have a Power BI Pro license. With this license I have a 999.999 Microsoft Fabric Free Licenses. I have used 8 of those Microsoft Fabric Free Licenses sharing a dashboard (I have 999.992 available), and now I want to use 150 licenses more to one of my clients…

I have one question:

Until today I have used 8 of 999.999 Microsoft Fabric Free Licenses to share power bi dashboards in a private way (not public): Why most of the instructors in Youtube say that you can only share a dashboard in a private way from one license of Power BI PRO to another Power BI paid license?? I can share dashboards in a private way to 999.999 users whith free (not paid) licenses…

There is something that I don´t understand… Somebody can help me, please?

free licenses detail.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pfcinquemani ,

If one of the workspaces is in a shared capacity, everyone you add to it needs a Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license. These users can all collaborate on the dashboards and reports in the workspace. If you want to distribute content to others inside your organization, either assign Power BI Pro licenses to those users or place the workspace in a Power BI Premium capacity.

Perhaps you should learn more about licenses.

Roles in workspaces in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Types of licenses for Power BI business users - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vrongtiepmsft_0-1708398012910.png

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pfcinquemani ,

If one of the workspaces is in a shared capacity, everyone you add to it needs a Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license. These users can all collaborate on the dashboards and reports in the workspace. If you want to distribute content to others inside your organization, either assign Power BI Pro licenses to those users or place the workspace in a Power BI Premium capacity.

Perhaps you should learn more about licenses.

Roles in workspaces in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Types of licenses for Power BI business users - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vrongtiepmsft_0-1708398012910.png

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

pfcinquemani
Regular Visitor

The problem is that the free users don't have any "trial period" restriction... More than that, the free users can watch the dashboard for (at least) the last year...

FreeLicense1.pngFreeLicense2.png

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @pfcinquemani 

Sharing reports and dashboards securely and privately is a paid feature once free licenses are expired within your organization. Sharing with external users is a paid feature regardless

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Hi Aime, thank for your answer. 

Ok, so, you want to tell me that all this Microsoft Fabric Free licenses that I have today (999.999), are not free “forever”… one day I will have to pay to for those licenses that I use. If we come back to my example: one day,  I will have to pay for those 8 licenses?????

This is a print of my license detail... it seems that this 999.992 are free "for ever"...

pfcinquemani_0-1708289726231.png

Yes, every License has 60 days trial

aj1973_0-1708291999023.png

We all wish that MSFT offers its services for free and for ever 🙂

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors