cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Sharing with users who don't have Pro

How are you refreshing the data?  Is there a scheduled refresh?  (Thats a pro feature)

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Ross, at the moment I'm just refreshing the data manually before publishing the data. However we are looking to set up an enterprise gateway. I guess given that's a pro feature, it sounds like report users would definitely need the Pro version once we set that up.

Am I out of luck?

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

I just glanced back at your original post and finally noticed the words "Group Workspace".  Group Workspaces are a pro feature.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Ross, that's what I thought, except you mentioned that you share with non-Pro users. Is there another way I can share with non-Pro users without publishing to a Group Workspace that still maintains the interactivity of the graphs?

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Publish to your personal workspace, then share the dashboards to your users.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

That's such a clever idea! It hadn't occurred to me. I tried it just then and it worked. Thanks!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

freswood,

is this still working OK for you? Just checking as I'm about to go down this same path, publishing reports and dashboards to the whole company, all of which do not have a pro license.

its just not realistic to purchase licenses for everyone, when most just need to occasionally take a glance at the Project Online data.

can you also schedule refreshes?

things seem to be changing here all the time, and am hoping that this has not changed since your reply from May.

thanks!

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Pandra  Since this post, there has been changes to the licensing and this solution is no longer valid.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Sadly Ross is right. The license changes occurred shortly after I posted, and I ended up having to go down the Pro route.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

OK, thanks guys. Things change so fast with this product, hopefully they will come up with an alternate way to do this.

thanks again, much appreciated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors