Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

NasTr
Frequent Visitor

Sharing with external users report with RLS

Hi all,

I am trying to share a report with RLS to external users. Report is in a premium capacity and I have added (for testing) a user with a yahoo domain as a guest user in EntraID. I assigned a role to that user under security of dataset  and enabled external sharing for the dataset. An invite was send to user which he accepted and then I've send a share link (share with specific people) of the report.

Users sees the msg that he is not recognised. Any help?

1 REPLY 1
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NasTr ,

Please check if your RLS settings are correct? Has the guest user been correctly added to the RLS?

If the RLS settings are correct, be sure to check if the guest user has been added to a security group. If the guest user is part of a security group that has access to the report, they may be able to see the RLS restrictions.

If the guest user is a role in the workspace where the report is located, check if the guest user is in the viewer role? RLS only takes effect for the viewer role in the workspace, not for contributor, member or admin.

Best Regards,

Dino Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors