Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Omni

Sharing internal dashboards

Hi Everyone

Im hoping you could help. I have a basic dashboard which I created using PBI desktop. It connects to an Azure SQL DB - and works well.

I can publish it to the PBI service without any concern.

My question is - when I share the dashboard with other users on our domain, who all have the free licence of PBI, it tells them to upgrade to PRO. Im stumped. I have no idea why this is happening - different online material suggests:

1. All users need PRO

2. We need a premium account for USD 5000 per mont

3. Free users should be able to connect to the dashboard.

any ideas why its forcing us to upgrade?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Omni ,

The process of sharing reports/dashboards and others viewing the reports/dashboards you share is called cooperation.

For "cooperation" in Power BI, both you and your partners need pro licenses in shared capacity.

Or, if the shared reports/dashboards are in a workspace with dedicated capacity (premium), you need a pro license to share the reports/dashboards, and others only need a free license to view them.

Reference: Share dashboards and reports

You need a Power BI Pro license to share your content. The people you share it with do too, or the content needs to be in a workspace in a Premium capacity

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Omni ,

The process of sharing reports/dashboards and others viewing the reports/dashboards you share is called cooperation.

For "cooperation" in Power BI, both you and your partners need pro licenses in shared capacity.

Or, if the shared reports/dashboards are in a workspace with dedicated capacity (premium), you need a pro license to share the reports/dashboards, and others only need a free license to view them.

Reference: Share dashboards and reports

You need a Power BI Pro license to share your content. The people you share it with do too, or the content needs to be in a workspace in a Premium capacity

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors