Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Crazydog
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint List Integrate PowerBI Semantic Model \ Popup

Team, I am using Sharepoint List, and using Integrate feature to create PBI report but lately I am getting this pop even when I go to access the existing report or one that I created in past. Is this a new update or something ? SbarepointCapture.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Crazydog ,

According to your screenshot information, These tips are intended to remind you to create semetic models that can be seen by visitors to your sharepoint list. Also, if you have created a semetic model based on this list before, then the semetic model will be reused.
You can follow the steps below to verify that this dialog box will not appear again:

1.Ensure that you have the necessary permissions to both the SharePoint List and the Power BI report.
2.If you created the report, confirm that you still have edit access to the SharePoint List.
You can refer to the following document to learn more about Create a report on a SharePoint List in Power BI Desktop. You can also recreate it to test if the issue still occurs

Create a report quickly from a SharePoint list or library in the Power BI service - Power BI | Micro...
Create a report on a SharePoint List in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
Quickly create reports from SharePoint lists | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Best regards

Albert He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi @v-heq-msft 

Thanks for the reply! I got the intent..Although this is recently added pop up by MS as recent as Jan 2024.  

So my team (center room) projects some of the dashboard created using Sharepoint list on the big screen and we have rotator set that roates through different tabs of the browser and displays these dashboards. If this pop-up was one time thing I get it, but every time rotator refreshed the dashboard screen this pop-up comes up.

I feel there should be a option like 'I agree' with 'check box' do not want to see this pop-up again type of thing. We were using in this way for past 4-5 months of so. MS recommended me to create actual PBI dashboard and publish in workspace but you cannot download these dasboard! & you must recreate them. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors