Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

adiazchanis
Regular Visitor

Shared dataset not found

Hi!

I have a Power BI Pro license but the rest of the users in my organization don't (at the moment they are on the free trial that is included). I created a dataset and a report in Power BI desktop and published it to "My Workspace" (I can see this workspace in the Power BI version that we can access through MS Teams). I went to "Manage Permissions" and granted some users access to Read and build using the dataset. They can access the report perfectly but they cannot see the Dataset. I would be great if they could be able to view the dataset as a published one and be able to create their own reports. I went to another users PC to see what the issue was and when they click on the link that is sent to them when I shared the dataset, it says that the dataset was not found and that perhaps it was deleted or moved. 

Is there a way around this?

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adiazchanis ,

Based on testing, use a Pro license test account to share a report in my workspace to a user in organization and give him build permission and recipients license is pro trial, recipients can find this dataset in dataset options, and create a report with the dataset and save it in My workspace or other workspaces, but the dataset doesn't appear in the workspace.

vcgaomsft_1-1647512581847.png

vcgaomsft_2-1647512821759.png

vcgaomsft_0-1647512484342.png

Please check in Service -> Datasets.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_Gao

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adiazchanis ,

Based on testing, use a Pro license test account to share a report in my workspace to a user in organization and give him build permission and recipients license is pro trial, recipients can find this dataset in dataset options, and create a report with the dataset and save it in My workspace or other workspaces, but the dataset doesn't appear in the workspace.

vcgaomsft_1-1647512581847.png

vcgaomsft_2-1647512821759.png

vcgaomsft_0-1647512484342.png

Please check in Service -> Datasets.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_Gao

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors