Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

denizkarakus
Frequent Visitor

Share Report with Free Users

I have a Power BI Per User Premium license. I want to share a report I created in a Premium Workspace with a user in my organization who does not have a license. I give the user permission to read the report. When the user wants to view the report, the system says that the user must have a license, but since I published the report in the Premium Workspace, user should be able to view the report. What do I need to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly.

You should publish the content in Premium Capacity workspace so that users with free license can access the reports.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @denizkarakus 

Is that a PPU workspace or a premiun capacity workspace?

PPU (Premium per User) Workspace

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your options for sharing reports so that users can interact with them and change filters etc depends on the workspace where the reports are stored:

• If your content is in a PPU workspace all users that want to view that content need a PPU license.
  • If your content is in a Pro workspace all users that want to view that content need a Pro license or PPU license (PPU is an add-on to Pro).
  • If your content is in a Premium Capacity workspace then you can share with PPU, Pro and Free users.

ppu.png

In the workspace settings, the license mode is selected as in the option in the image. In other words, users who do not have a license will not be able to see the reports in this workspace. Have I got it right?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly.

You should publish the content in Premium Capacity workspace so that users with free license can access the reports.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors