Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

heygau
Helper I
Helper I

Share Report with Branch Filter for each Branch Manager

Hi, 

I am working on a Report that needs to be shared with 15 Branch Manager, each Manager can only see their Branch Data. is there any other way instead of creating 15 Reports. Thanks  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @heygau  , 

use Row Level Security (RLS), which will allow the use of a single semantic model and a single report.

If you are not familiar with RLS I recommend that you create 15 roles, configure the branch as a filter for each role and then assign the branch managers to the corresponding roles. This provides you with an introduction to RLS: Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Keep in mind, that you have to share the report with the branch managers using a Power BI app, do not assign the branch managers to the workspace directly. This will provide an introduction to Power BI Apps: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-apps?WT.mc_id=DP-MVP-5003068

Hopefully,  this helps to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @heygau  , 

use Row Level Security (RLS), which will allow the use of a single semantic model and a single report.

If you are not familiar with RLS I recommend that you create 15 roles, configure the branch as a filter for each role and then assign the branch managers to the corresponding roles. This provides you with an introduction to RLS: Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Keep in mind, that you have to share the report with the branch managers using a Power BI app, do not assign the branch managers to the workspace directly. This will provide an introduction to Power BI Apps: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-apps?WT.mc_id=DP-MVP-5003068

Hopefully,  this helps to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors