Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Service content pack - source data

Hello,

Few questions wrt PBI Service content pack (Financial Performance ervice content pack) - 

1. Is the data available in Service content pack a dummy one or is the data fetched from the Dynamics365 from my Organisation ?

2. How do I perform calculations/transformations on this data set since we can only connect to Service content pack from PowerBI service?

3. How do I identify the calculated measures/columns within the dataset available in Service content pack?

4. When I connect to my Dynamics365 of my Organisation, I do not see some of the metrics/KPI columns available with the dataset in Service content pack (Ex. For Financial Performance service content pack, metrics like Actual, Budget,EBIT etc.)

Thanks,

Ajay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@Anonymous Data is not dummy one and is fetched from your organization Dynamics365. Since you are connecting it via Power BI online, you cannot perform any sort of calculations/transformations on this data when online. All of your queries mentioned in points 2,3,4 could be possible when connecting it from Power BI Desktop tool. Hope this helps !

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@Anonymous Data is not dummy one and is fetched from your organization Dynamics365. Since you are connecting it via Power BI online, you cannot perform any sort of calculations/transformations on this data when online. All of your queries mentioned in points 2,3,4 could be possible when connecting it from Power BI Desktop tool. Hope this helps !

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors