Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

T4S3R
Helper II
Helper II

Service Refresh fails DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupData Access Error | SAP HANA & Excel in Sharepoint

Hi everybody,

I`ve been on this all week and I`m starting to go crazy...

the current model i´m working on uses the following datasources:

- SAP HANA (on prem)

- Excelfiles stored in sharepoint (online / cloud) and connected to the dataset via the web connector

I`m using a gateway (Dez 2020 Version) that has the HANA credentials. I activated the "Allow user's cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster" option and entered my Sharepoint credentials.

There are a lot of different files that get appended onto the SAP HANA Table (just a regular join in Power Query). 

The refresh in PBI Desktop works just fine, in the PBI Service however it does not:

Data source error:{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"SharePoint: Request failed: https://URLTOEXCELFILE1234/_api/contextinfo"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"SharePoint"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"https://URLTOEXCELFILE1234/_api/contextinfo"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Master.

Cluster URI:WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:e30704a7-2ac3-4411-91ad-c1056ef9b92e
Request ID:1087f8c5-3a98-cf0a-7633-3fe1853184b8
Time:2021-01-20 16:56:04Z

I already figured out that the error has to be somewhere in the append of the Sharepoint files onto the HANA Table. Whenever I upload just the HANA Views or just the sharepoint Excel files the refresh works. The error message always shows the first Excel file that is supposed to be appended to the HANA View so it has nothing to do with a specific file.

I already tried:

- Setting Datasource settings to private, Corporate and none (in PBI Desktop as well as the service)

- Activate "always ignore data security" under Data security

- Split the joins that all SAP HANA Tables are joined first and then append all other tables

Maybe some of you Power BI gods have the answer I am looking for 😄 

Best regards

Timo

4 REPLIES 4
Bhaskarkolli9
Frequent Visitor

Hi T4S3R, Today we are facing same issue you had faced please tell us any solution for this issue.
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

I see there has been an update to the December release of the gateway, can you check you have that latest version installed?

**We recently fixed a bug in the December release and have updated the release to version 3000.68.15**

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/on-premises-data-gateway-december-2020-update-is-now-availa...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Hi Nicky, 

thanks for your response and sorry for the late reply. Updating the gateway took a while...

Unfortunately that does not fix the error message, I still get the same one with the newest Gateway version.

Best regards

Timo

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @T4S3R ,

then I'd suggest opening a support ticket, which is free if you have a Pro license. Go to the support page to file a support ticket.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors