Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hoblit

Scheduled dataset refresh retries issue

Hi 

Is there any way to re-set the number of retries for a dataset refresh when it fails?

My issue is that I have a database that is unavailable from time to time because of maintenance of the system in question rendering the database unavailable for the service for some days.

Forcing me then to manually reset the parameter “Keep your data up to date” as it gets turn off after 3 fails.

Not that it hard to re-set the paramater, I just dont want to do this evry week for this dataset. 🙂

Best regards
Bo Brun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Hoblit,

It would waste many resources to keep trying when it fails many times. I'm afraid such feature that retries a while later isn't available for now. I would suggest you create an idea here.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Hoblit

Hi Dale

Thank for you relay and suggestion. 

I will write an idea for the Power BI team and hop they take it up. 🙂

Best regards

Bo Brun

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Hoblit,

It would waste many resources to keep trying when it fails many times. I'm afraid such feature that retries a while later isn't available for now. I would suggest you create an idea here.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors