cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlien1 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Schedule refresh - gateway

Thanks @GilbertQ, I will give both of your suggestions a try and circle back.

I just installed the Enterprise Gateway current version on my local machine (laptop)...  it is still not visible in the dataset gateway connection settings.

Then I installed the Personal Gateway current version on my laptop... and it is visible!  All data sources connect!  But why does the Personal Gateway work and the Enterprise Gateway is invisible?

Observation: when I try to connect to data sources using the Enterprise Gateway, I am given two authentication methods: Basic and Windows.  Neither option works.

When I try to connect to data sources using the Personal Gateway, the authentication choices are Basic and WindowsWithoutImpersonation.  The second option works.

Why is this different authentication method only popping up on the Personal Gateway?  Could this be a symptom of why the Enterprise Gateway is not visible?  Searching on this authentication type doesn't provide much information.

Appreciate your help!

EDIT

Suddenly the Enterprise Gateway is visible.  I didn't make any changes.  It's been about an hour since I first connected... maybe Power BI takes a while to seek/refresh/connect with existing gateways?

I'm at a loss, but at least it is working (now).

Super User
Super User

Hi @rlien1

When you install the Gateway in the On-Premise mode it should ask you to Log into Power BI. Once that is done if you go under Settings you should then see Manage Gateways. It is from there where you configure your Gateways.

This will give you more information on how to install and configure them: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
"Proud to be a Datanaut!"
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Awesome and yes due to it being a cloud service it can take a few minutes or possibly a bit more before everything is configured.
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
"Proud to be a Datanaut!"