Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jajohnson
Frequent Visitor

Schedule Refresh for Dremio Database Connection

Good day,

Is there an issue setting up a Dremio dataset to automatically refresh in Power BI? When I try to schedule a refresh, the Power BI service indicate that schedule refresh for this dataset is not supported.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jajohnson 

ODBC data source supports scheduled refresh. You need add a ODBC datasource in Manage gateways . For specific operations, you can refer to the following link .

https://rukiatu.com/refreshing-odbc-datasource-from-power-bi-service/

Ailsamsft_0-1639104258126.png

Best Regard

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jajohnson 

Currently, Desktop connects to Dremio does not support custom SQL. Maybe you can bring your thoughts to Ideas.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Best Regard

jajohnson
Frequent Visitor

Thanks. Is there a way to add custom sql to Dremio Connector? I can see it for other database types but I am only options to load tables from Dremio.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jajohnson 

ODBC data source supports scheduled refresh. You need add a ODBC datasource in Manage gateways . For specific operations, you can refer to the following link .

https://rukiatu.com/refreshing-odbc-datasource-from-power-bi-service/

Ailsamsft_0-1639104258126.png

Best Regard

Thanks for your help.

jajohnson
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your responses.

Is there a way to change the connector used for Data Source without intefering with the model. I have the report built out but it was done using a data source connected via the Dremio Connector but I would like to change the connector to ODBC driver. The ODBC driver is able to facilitate Schedule Refresh?

jajohnson
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Anand24.

Are there any plans to have this support included in a near future update?

@jajohnson ,

I'm not sure if this would be on the priority list for Microsoft right now.

You can have a complete confirmation by raising a support ticket and connecting to the Microsoft Support team. Link

You can also document this as an issue here and put an idea here. The ideas are implemented on Power BI tool based on priority and votes by the Microsoft team.

Kindly mark the previous reply as solution so that other users with similar issue would be helped.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @jajohnson ,

Currently Power BI doesn't support scheduled refresh for Dremio data source. It's a limitation.

You may consider manually refreshing or automatic refresh using API calls

Here's an example of the API Call:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Data-Source-Unsupported-for-Refresh-Asana-API/m-p/1973973

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors