Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sleopol
Frequent Visitor

Saving Dataflow Not Working

Good morning, I wanted to see if anyone could help with the below error I'm getting when trying to save changes to a dataflow. I haven't run into this error before, and the strange thing is that the dataflow works in production, but even when a fresh copy is exported to a test workpace the below comes up. Thank you, and I hope to hear from you all soon. 

Something went wrong

Could not perform this operation due to an internal error

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.Hide details
  • Activity ID111ea33a-c4bc-49ed-8b40-7f81d1a418da
  • Request ID0eee27cc-fe0d-6251-76e5-182034526a67
  • Correlation ID9e4053bb-a519-21b9-98b8-2694dbc47209
  • Status code500
  • TimeTue Jun 13 2023 09:54:18 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
  • Service version13.0.20913.54
  • Client version2306.2.14324-train
  • Cluster URIhttps://wabi-us-north-central-e-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/
5 REPLIES 5
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @sleopol 

Based on my internal query and checking on the error detailed message you posted, Your error code returned is "500", which means this is a server-side error, and my error message got from backend is like this "Exception message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.", based on my query in the internal backend log databased of Power BI, this error situatin should be related to the known issue recored two days before called "Frequent Nonfatal Dumps in WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL", which is the backend service cluster you are using, the corresponding engineers are working on the fix of this issue and you can feel free to keep monitoring the "Save dataflow" process in your local side to check if the issue is solved now or still need some time for fix.

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Good morning, thank you for looking into the issue and letting me know the status on the backend. Is there any ETA on when the fix could get implemented by the engineers? 

Hi, @sleopol 

Thanks for your quick response!

According to the latest update of the records of this problem on the internal problem website, the relevant engineers in charge are still doing research and repair of the problem. The description of the occurrence of the problem is that it occurs with a high probability and the frequency is relatively high. You can check it in your US cluster Do the "Save dataflow" operation again to check whether you still encounter the same error report. Try a few more times. If some cases succeed, I will continue to help you observe the records of this problem on the internal problem website and Update you at any time when there is an update, you can also do a test every day to see if the problem occurs less frequently in the future, or disappears completely; in addition, you can try to create a simple Dataflow test to see if there is the same error message .

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Good afternoon, I know it has been a while, but I was on vacation for a few weeks there. I came back, and have been testing the dataflow every day for the last week or so. The error still happens whenever I try to save the changes to the dataflow, whethere that's a copy with adjustments or a copy directly out of production. Have there been any updates from the engineering team on what the cause of this issue is, or if they have a new estimated timeline for the fixes needed? 

Hi , @sleopol 

Thanks for your quick response ! According to your description, you was on vacation for a few weeks  and test the dataflow every day  . And you still get the 500 error code . The 500 error code is caused by the server side .

So , You have to make sure that when you save the dataflow, it is not refreshing. Secondly, you can try to create a new dataflow with a small amount of data for testing to see if the problem is caused by a specific dataflow or all of them cannot be saved?

And for that you still encounter the 500 error code and If you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.

It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors