Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

usinghal
Frequent Visitor

Save the bookmark for embedded report

I am trying to save the bookmark for my embedded report, but when I am trying to save the report I am getting an error.

usinghal_0-1711978268189.png

So can anyone please help me with this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
usinghal
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yifanw-msft 

Thanks for the reply,

But I checked all the three scenarios that you have mentioned and found the below observations:-\

1. The report is not deleted nor renamed.

2. The bookmark is not exceeding the limits, I am just trying to save one bookmark

3. I am using the correct method for saving the bookmark.

Below is the API that is getting called while saving the report

usinghal_0-1712316197656.png

So could you please help me if you have any more idea on this one?

v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @usinghal ,

Thank you for your question regarding saving bookmarks for embedded reports. There are several steps you can take to resolve the issue based on common scenarios:

1. If a field or visual of the report has been renamed or deleted since the bookmark was created, this may result in an error. For more information on individual bookmark restrictions, see here:
    Overview of bookmarks in Power BI service reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
  2. Ensure that the bookmarks you are trying to save do not exceed the limits, e.g. the maximum number of bookmarks allowed by the report. You can find more detailed information about bookmark considerations and limits here:
    Overview of bookmarks in Power BI service reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
  3. When using an embedded report, make sure you use the correct method for saving bookmarks. See more information about managing bookmarks in embedded reports here:
    Add bookmark support for Power BI custom visuals - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors