Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DiZ3R
Frequent Visitor

Remote Desktop dashboard refresh fails after several successful refreshes

I've downloaded Power BI to the Power BI Service from the Remote Desktop (RDC) and connected the Gateway to it. Everything works fine - dashboard can be updated either manually (by clicking 'update' button) or by setting Scheduled refresh. However, after some scheduled refreshes (usually 2-3) Dashboard refresh fails (picture 1 with Refresh History). RDC works fine and Gateway is connected, however for some reason it becomes unreachable in some time (usually in 2-3 days after 2-3 successful refreshes respectively, picture 2). All connections are set and works fine (picture 3). Error message is shown on the picture 4 - "Your data gateway is offline or couldn't be reached", however, no chagnes were made to the RDC or Gateway - everything works in the same way, as it was when refresh was successful.

This situation repeats every time, as I've already tried to restart Gateway and reset all connections. RDC works fine all the time, does not restart or update.

Any suggestions what might be the reason for such behavior and how to fix it? 

Several successful refreshes and than failureSeveral successful refreshes and than failureGateway works properly, but is unreachable for some reasonGateway works properly, but is unreachable for some reasonGateway and all connections look fine and workGateway and all connections look fine and workScreenshot 2024-05-08 141027.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiewu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DiZ3R ,
Based on the description, try to check the gateway service is running. Consider restarting the gateway service.

Then, collect and review logs from the on-permises gateway.

Besides, try to reinstall the gateway.

You can view the following documents to learn more information.

Troubleshoot the on-premises data gateway | Microsoft Learn

On-premises data gateway architecture | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Wisdom Wu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply!

I've tried to do so, however, the problem still remains. 

My RDC account does not have admin permissions, thus, I do not have access to all the folders and progrmas on the RDC. Might it be the reason of refresh failure?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors