Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kevingaze
Regular Visitor

Refreshing a Restful Data Source with API Key without "hacking"

I have a REST API data source which I connected to successfully from Power BI Desktop.  When I publish to service (free), I can't refresh: "Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again".

In the Data Source Credentials / edit credentials, I have 3 options: anonymous, windows and basic. No option to enter key.

I understand that refresh API with API-key is not supported and I have understood that there exists a workaround fso’s workaround .

However, I need a solution that is not a work-around. I need a solution so that users can easily connect to our API (with API-key) and then create, publish ans share their reports without any manuall hack. What can we do? Is the solution to create an APP or something in order to fix this? If so, how can we do this?

Regards,

Kevin

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kevingaze,

Nope, current power bi not contains functionality which you mentioned, I'd like to suggest you post this to ideas.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors