Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bedelstein

Refresh failed - status 400 error (VPN?)

We have an on-premise instance of JIRA and are connecting to it using the JIRA content pack. It had been working for some time, but now the refresh is failing with a status code 400 error:

Failed to update data source credentials: Unable to connect to the remote server

Activity ID:12d8fc70-9389-432e-28c0-3fc66f352f46
Request ID:2891c797-1193-1a7e-1224-d74d8ce3e7db
Status code:400
Time:Wed Nov 29 2017 20:53:58 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
Version:13.0.3154.215
Cluster URI:https://wabi-west-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net

This had been working for some time and now it has stopped. I've tried relogging in using basic, but still get the same error. Access to our JIRA instance requires login to our VPN, which may be the cause as the timing for the failure is around the time we implemented the VPN. What do we need to do to restore the connection? 

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @bedelstein,

Have you used a gateway to refresh data or you connect JIRA content pack online directly? If you use gateway, did you configure the gateway well when you using VPN based on the steps in this article. Before, it works fine without implementing VPN? I personally suggest you create a support ticket on the right bottom of this page for dedicated supportSmiley Happy.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft

Thanks for your response. We do not use a gateway, but connect directly to the url for our on-premise JIRA instance. I suspect we might need a gateway, but need some guidance. Unfortunately, I'm on a trial Pro license and get a loop trying to submit a support ticket. There's also no phone number so far as I can see for PowerBI support Smiley Sad

Any additional guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

Hi @bedelstein,

Some guidance for using Gateway, you need to install a gateway in your local computer at first, then configure it in Power BI(add date source if you install on-premise gateway). More details, please review this blog: Manage your data source - Import/Scheduled Refresh.

In addition, only Power BI pro account can create support ticket. You need to par for it if you're a free account. Please try to buy Pro license.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors